“Ouch!!!” Do you always say that whenever you comb your hair? Do you experience serious pain when your hair is left out for more than two days? You might be missing out on the important benefits of LOC method.
Moisturizing is an integral part of natural hair care. Natural hair especially 4c hair type can’t survive without adequate moisture.
LOC simply stands for liquid, oil and cream. It is a common terminology in natural hair community. LOC is a process that keeps our hair moisturized a bit longer than usual, about 2 to 3 days.
- Liquid: The liquid can be a leave in conditioner preferably a water based leave in or just water. Water is the best moisturizer for natural hair.
- Oil: The oil seal in the moisture from the first step. Coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, castor oil etc are examples of oils that can be used.
- Cream: For cream or butter, you can use shea or mango butter or any natural hair friendly curl or twist defining cream.
How to moisturize using LOC method
- Put your hair in 6 or 8 sections.
- Spritz the section you are working on with water or water based leave in conditioner.
- Apply a thin layer of oil from roots to ends making sure your ends (the weakest part) isn’t neglected to prevent tangles, knots and breakage.
- Apply the cream next from roots to ends to give the hair more definition and more sealing.
Benefits of LOC method
- It makes hair softer and manageable.
- It prevent tangles and knots.
- It prevent split ends
- Reduce pain while styling.
- Minimize breakage
- Prevents excessive dryness.
- Minimize frizz.
- Keep the hair shiny.
- Helps with hair growth.
If the LOC method doesn’t work for you, you can also try LCO (liquid, cream and oil) method, it is also very effective. Also, LOC method works best for people with low porosity hair and LCO for those with high porosity hair.
What method do you use in moisturizing your hair, LOC or LCO? What products do you use for LOC method? Please share your thoughts in the comment section. Thanks so much for reading.
Please like my facebook page, https://m.facebook.com/Doingitnaturalblog/